Sunday, August 20, 2006

Ez Man with his big boy casts

Thank you to all who have been praying for Ezra in regards to our new adventure of casting his precious little feet. As you can see, he is adjusting well to his new "cowboy boots" as Nana calls them :) and able to rest peacefully during nap time. He has his moments when they seem to be a bother, but overall, he is doing amazingly well. During the casting process he did great and was very relaxed, he actually fell asleep for a bit and seemed to enjoy the massaging the Doctor was doing on his feet to cast them into place. We will go back every two weeks for new casting and continue until his feet are corrected. There are a lot of unknowns to us. We do not know how long this whole process with take or if surgery will be needed. We will just take it week by week and see what God has for him.
At first, we were told that we would need to go back to St. Louis on a weekly basis, which was a bit stressful for mommy to fit into her already packed schedule. I decided to give it to the Lord and pray for the strength needed week by week. The Lord really calmed me and totally encouraged me when the doctor said that due to our traveling distance, Ezra could be casted every TWO weeks instead of every week! I am aware that this might change, but for now REJOICE in this schedule. I know this may seem like a little thing to most, but for me, it was an answer to prayer and again God teaching me that HE IS IN CONTROL and will never give me more than I can bear!!! So with all this updating, the biggest area of praise is definitely in God's amazing grace and consitent control of all things. God continually uses my son Ezra and all that it takes to care for him, to remind me of how GREAT God is and that HE ALONE knows the future and I may plan my ways, but HIS WAYS are best!

Love to you all. We treasure your friendship and love for our Ez Man!




Ezzy's big sisters had fun writing their names on his casts! They LOVE their "bubby" so much. Posted by Picasa

No comments: