Thursday, August 31, 2006

Ezzy- casting take TWO

Ezra was a champ while the doctor casted his feet this past Tuesday. He will wear these for three weeks and then will go again for another set of "cowboy boots" :) These this week are a bit larger and heavier. He is such a trooper and handling them extremely well. We praise God for this blessing of Ezra allowing the casts to do their designed job! We are already seeing some results. The doctor was very happy with the level of flexibility he saw and felt so far when examing his feet out of the casts! Praise GOD! It was fun to cuddle and snuggle him without the casts on for about 20 minutes before they re-casted him. He was so LIGHT and skinny :) My growing mommy belly and his casts can be a bit of a challenge at times....but worth it all.

His sisters, along with Nana, came this time to experience the casting experience. They were wonderful helpers and were able to sit right next to him, to encourage him and whisper, "don't worry bubby, your big sister is here..." Is there anything more precious? They LOVE their brother so much, we are blessed by them daily and their love and concern for their bubby. They are his prayer warriers....just this morning, we had to stop eating to pray for bubby's brain....they simple humble me.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Loving Life said...

That just brings tears to my eyes! How tenderhearted your little girls are Liz!
~deb~

Tiffany said...

Hi Liz,
Thank you for giving me your email address - I did send you an email but maybe I sent it to the wrong place. Anyways - I was just going to ask you to please feel free to post or email me ANY ideas that you have used with Ezra. hediedforus1015@aol.com Also, if you can tell me how you did the cold thearpy I would appreciate it (my thearpist has never done it before!) Thanks!
It is great to hear that Ezra's legs are improving! How much longer will he have to have the casts until they will be done for good?