Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Just Ducky...


Ez Man recently had a blast playing in his stander! We had some fun playing with duckies in water...he would push them in and love our response of encouragement!
He is so very cute and I just LOVE this guy!!!
We just returned from some annual check-ups. I have a list of phone calls to make in regards to setting up future surgeries and appointments. I love this job and consider it a privilege that I am Ezzy's mom. Someone recently joked that I need a bluetooth to make the calls on the road... :) NA! I think that it is so funny when someone is "talking to themselves"!!! Who knows, maybe one day!! HE HE...

Anyways, the updates are good as far as his back...the doc said that there is NO deformity in his back...so that is a PRAISE! We still need to keep a close eye on his spine though and continue to stretch him and "help" him keep it as straight as possible. He still has a "slump" in his back, but when we straighten him, he seems to enjoy the stretch, so we are thankful for that! :)
Our little guy will need eye muscle surgery and glasses! How CUTE will that be?!
So looking into the options for glasses is on my list...
He also will need new ear tubes...fluid is still hiding out behind his ears and so since one tube fell out, he needs a new pair. We plan to do both surgeries at the same time, sounds good to me! :)

I am so THANKFUL for the doctors that care for Ezra...as his mom and his voice, I still have to be determined. I am thankful for God's strength that gives me the wisdom to know what to ask for and yet how much to "go for" in his care.
I was recently talking with his therapists; they are so encouraging to me in raising and caring for Ezra. I am so blessed to have their input and advice and yet their concerned ear that listens to me.
GOD is good.

2 comments:

JEves said...

lizzy, you do a good job keeping the upside of changes that come along. from experience I know that makes a HUGE difference in everything, family attitude, trust in the Lord's control, and out look on circumstances. Love you and it is always such a praise to see the steps that Ezzy is taking!
Betharina

Todd and Julie said...

Hi Ezra,
Your stander looks pretty cool! Maybe I can get one someday. My Mom and Dad know that there are a lot of things to keep an eye on with super-cool kids like us, so they say "good job" to your parents!
See ya buddy,
Elijah